Monday, April 9, 2018

In the Home Stretch

It is amazing that 6 months have gone by in a blink. Art + Craft is in its last two months. Last week was a blur of cutting raffle tickets, sewing on a queen size quilt binding, and assembling raffle ticket packages to go home with 328 students. I also taught a class, cooked meals and managed to come up with an idea for a future project.
The mind's capacity is at times unyielding. Why do these ideas pop into our heads when we are already filled to the brim with work?


Overwhelm has happened during the last six months more often than I would have liked. Building a new skill set is overwhelming for most people and I am certainly not an exception to that. I wouldn't change that right now though. While the pace might make me feel breathless, it feels like it is necessary to who I am as a creative being. Which I also worry makes me rather a challenge to be around right now. Often I have a sensation of pulling myself apart to reassemble myself again in my next version. I have done this before. I most likely will do it again in the future. 
So stamina, holding and breathing. Not letting my mind jump too far ahead on the to-do list. And trusting the bigger picture to work towards its logical conclusion are key right now, as I stand for a moment and pause looking down the home stretch.


Raffle quilt tickets are now on sale. Visit: https://quiltingcommunity.blogspot.ca/2018/04/raffle-sales-have-begun.html to learn more about how to purchase a ticket and support Forest Grove Elementary.

To sign-up for my newsletter or read past posts go here.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment